Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Journey to the East

I am waiting at the San Diego International airport to board a Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Tokyo Narita Airport. If someone punched me in the face, I'd ask for another because I am still in disbelief in the journey I am about to embark on. I will be living, traveling and researching in Japan for 2 months as part of a National Science Fountain program called the East Asia Summer Institute (EAPSI). This incredible opportunity will be part of my Master's program at Arizona State University. With my adviser, Dr. J Ramon Arrowsmith, we have devised a research study of active faults in Japan with researchers at Hiroshima University and the Geological Survey of Japan.

Before my research at Hiroshima University begins, I am traveling around Japan with another EAPSI fellow. We are planing one day in Tokyo, a few days in the Northern Japanese Alps, and finally 5 days in Kyoto before heading back to Tokyo Narita area for Orientation.

I am very excited to share my experiences with the many people who have helped and supported me getting to this point in my life. Arigato and sayonara!


No comments:

Post a Comment